- Why is there a gate closing the Highway Garage?
To minimize risk exposure, and to deter theft and vandalism.
- What types of risks are there?
The highway department stock piles several types of aggregates, and these piles are high subsequently making them a risk of injury or death from side-slope slides when climbed upon or digging by hand improperly.
- How are we going to get winter sand now?
There will be a fresh pile maintained outside the gate for residents to pick up sand for their home use.
- Can we still get wood chips now that there is a gate?
We will still have a small pile of wood chips for residents to pick up.
- Can we get gravel for our driveways or roads?
No, unfortunately the gravel stock piled at the facility are purchased for use on "Town" roads or facilities.