Register Your Contact information. It is confidential, free, and easy.
What Is This All About?
The Town of Moultonborough has established a community notification system that allows us to rapidly get important emergency and civic information out to our many year-round and seasonal residents. The system is maintained for us by Emergency Communications Network (ECN) of Ormond Beach, Florida and operates under the Trademark of CodeRED™.
If you have a question that is not answered by this set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) please contact Chief David Bengtson at Moultonborough Fire and Emergency Services.
Do I Have to Register?
Well, you don't have to if you don't want to. However, when we first set the database up we are only able to obtain the white pages from the local phone company. That listing only gives us what many people refer to as "land lines". We cannot obtain information for those who have unlisted telephone numbers, cell phones or VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) for their telephone service. We also have many residents who do not maintain year-round telephones at their seasonal residence.
Failing to register may mean we cannot get our message out to them and to you. Sometimes these may be simple messages like road construction or community events. At other times they may be warnings about hazardous weather conditions or public safety matters. We have the best chance of getting this information to you if you enter your personal information into our database.
- What if the system reports "The address entered requires manual review" when I enter my information?
This means that the current mapping system is unable to recognize the address entered. Please check your information to make sure it is correct. If the information is correct you may find the address using the ECN Mapping Tool. To do this select the "click here" link (bottom right) and locate your address on the map of Moultonborough provided.
If you have difficulty with this feature, please complete the paper registration form (PDF) and mail it to the address indicated on the form. We thank you for this extra effort and apologize for the inconvenience.
- Is my telephone number included in the notification database?
It may be if it is in the traditional white pages of the local phone book or if you have already registered through one of the available options. Otherwise it most likely is not in our database. It is our hope that every residence and commercial facility in our community will be included in the notification database.
- What if I know of someone who does not have internet access to register their information?
There are a number of ways you can assist them or let them know how to register their personal information. These are:
- Offer to register them from your computer. You might obtain the information from them and register it on their behalf over the internet connection on this page.
- Print a form (PDF) out for them to complete. You may print out a form for them to complete and mail to us at the address indicated on the form.
- Refer them to the Moultonborough Public Library's free computer and Internet access program.
- They may pick up a brochure with the registration form. These are available in the Town Hall and the Public Safety building.
They may call for a brochure and we will mail it to them. If they call the Fire and Emergency Services Department at 603-476-5658, and give us their name and address when they ask for the form, we will mail it to them. Likewise, they could just drop a note requesting the form to the Fire and Emergency Services Department, P.O. Box 446, Moultonborough, NH 03254, Attention: CodeRED™ Registration