What do I need to register to vote?

In order to participate in local or state elections and meetings, you must be registered to vote. You may register to vote at the Town Clerk's Office or at the polls on an election (not meeting) day. You must be 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, and domiciled in the Town. To register to vote, you must present proof of age, I.D., domicile and citizenship.

If you are unable to produce documents for ID, domicile or citizenship, you may fill out and sign an affidavit for each. A signed affidavit for ID or citizenship satisfied the proof requirement for these voter qualification categories.

Absentee Ballot Information

New Hampshire law requires that you vote in person at the polling place for your town or ward unless you:

  • Plan to be absent on the day of the election from the city, town, or unincorporated place in which you are registered to vote.
  • Cannot appear in public on election day because of observance of a religious commitment.
  • Are unable to vote in person due to a disability.
  • Cannot appear at any time during polling hours at your polling place because an employment obligation requires you to remain physically at work or to be in transit to or from work from the time the polls open until after the time the polls close.

If you qualify for one of the items above and need an absentee ballot, you may download and print an absentee ballot request form.

Requests should be mailed to:
Town Clerk
Attention: Absentee Ballots
P.O. Box 15
Moultonborough, NH 03254

Absentee ballots can now be requested and may be issued to qualified persons until as late as 5 pm on the day before the election.

If requesting or returning an absentee ballot through the mail, please allow sufficient time for mailing. Absentee ballots must be returned either in person by the voter or through the mail. In-person returns can be accepted up until 5 pm the day before the election and mail returns can be accepted up to and including election day.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to register to vote?
2. Do you take credit cards?
3. I just moved in from out-of-state/town. Could you tell me how to register my car?
4. What do I need to register my dog?
5. What do I need to obtain a marriage license?
6. Do I obtain a birth certificate/death certificate from your office?
7. Can I obtain my Divorce Record from your office?
8. Can I get my driver’s license at your office?
9. What are your office hours?
10. Do I need to get a license for my cat?
11. What happens if I don't license my dog?
12. What do I do if I no longer own my dog?
13. How do I obtain a copy of a vital event?