Permits require up to five days for review and may be dropped off Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm in the Land Use Department.
When the Code Officer calls you to let you know that your permit is ready to be picked up you may pick up the permit between the hours of 7:30 am - 10:00 am Monday - Friday.
Inspections & Consultations by Appointment.
All permits will require a review period of up to five business days. This allows for fee estimates and compliance with building codes, Zoning and Planning Regulations.
The Code Enforcement office has two working days to perform inspections. Inspections may be scheduled weekdays by calling 476-2347 and speaking with the Code Enforcement Officer.
REQUIRED INSPECTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Excavation – before concrete is poured.
- Footings – after concrete is poured
- Foundation – after damp proofing and drainage, before backfill.
- Building Frame – before insulation.
- Rough Plumbing – with water or pressure test.
- Rough Electrical – after rough wiring and box bonding.
- Service Entrance – needed for co-op hookup.
- Insulation and Vapor Barrier – before wall finish.
- Final Inspection – structure complete before occupancy. Water test on new wells.
WORK MUST BE COMPLETE FOR EACH INSPECTION.