Project ChildSafe® and the Moultonborough Police Department would like to remind gun owners to:
- Properly store firearms in the home.
- Practice safe firearm storage options in the home.
- Make certain that firearms in the home are not casually accessible to anyone --- especially a child.
Stop by the police department and pick up your Gun Safety Kit provided by Project ChildSafe®. Gun Safety Kit Instructions can be found below or by visiting Project ChildSafe® online.
GENERAL FIREARM SAFETY TIPS - courtesy Project ChildSafe®
- Keep all firearms locked in a safe place, away from children and other unauthorized persons.
- Store ammunition under lock and key, separately from firearms.
- Read and understand the owner’s manual that came with your firearm.
- Follow safe gun handling practices: keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction; keep fingers off the trigger; and keep the firearm unloaded when not in use.
This child is holding a toy gun. Imagine finding your child with a real gun in his or her hand? Gun safety is important! Get a Gun Safety Kit!