March 5, 2018: The Rink has closed for the season! Thank you to Moultonborough's DPW for your efforts to keep the ice in great condition through out the season!
A BIG thank you goes out to everyone who works so hard on our rink!
Occasionally during the season, the rink may be posted as closed if conditions are not optimal or if usage will damage the ice for the season. When you see the closed sign, please stay off the rink. Thank you for your cooperation. For safety reasons, please do not go on the ice when the Zamboni is in use!
Scroll down for important program information & events scheduled at the rink for the 2018 season!
The Ice Rink is an unsupervised & a "Skate at Your Own Risk" facility. However, Recreation Dept. employees and designated rink volunteers have the right to ask anyone behaving inappropriately to leave. Please note that use of the rink is subject to weather & ice conditions, & scheduled programs & events. (See below for the 2018 schedule). Occassionally, the rink will be posted as closed if conditions are not optimal or if usage will damage the ice for the season. When you see the closed sign, please stay off the rink. Thank you for your cooperation. For safety reasons, please do not go on the ice when the Zamboni is in use!
SCHEDULE: Subject to change
Monday through Sunday:
The rink is available for Open Skate except for other posted times. Open Skate is for anyone who would like to skate. Sticks and pucks are allowed during some of these times, with the understanding that when there are "open skaters" the rink is to be divided in half and those with sticks stay on one half and open skate on the other. If the rink is very crowded - sticks must come off of the ice totally.
Other posted times
- Tuesdays at 7pm & Saturdays 2:00 – 4:00pm: Adult "Pick Up" Hockey
- These games are for adults 18 years old and older who would like to play "Pick Up" hockey. Numbers vary weekly, but this time is set aside each week for the game. Due to safety and liability no one under 18 is permitted to play.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 4:00-5:15pm: Youth Skating lessons- January 9- Feb 1, 2018.
- Fridays:12:00 – 2:45pm: the Rink is reserved for Winter Days for the Moultonborough School District’s Winter Days program. This will be held weather permitting Jan. 12, 19, 26, & Feb. 2 & 9, 2018.
- Sundays: 2:00-4:00pm is designated as absolutely no sticks or pucks – No exceptions.
- January 28, 2018: Rink is reserved from 2:00-4:00pm: Family Skating Party- NO sticks or pucks
PLEASE NOTE: Skaters are reminded to stay off of the ice when it is posted as closed and when the Zamboni is in use. Rink rules are posted at the rink, as well as schedules and any changes to the schedules. Skaters must adhere to the rules and schedules. Skaters are asked to pick up after themselves and to not leave anything behind on the ice or in the area. If you have any questions, please call the Recreation Dept. at 476-8868.
If you have skates you no longer use or they don’t fit you anymore, and are in good condition, we will take them! Donations can be dropped off at the Recreation Department. If you need skates, we may have some for you, stop by the Recreation Department!