- Town Clerk
Go to Online Payments.
It is strongly recommended they be done online, with a checking account number or credit card, by mail or through the drop box in front of town hall with your renewal notice along with payment of 1 check made out to the Town of Moultonborough. Please include a Self - Addressed Stamped Envelope.
New Vehicle Registrations
Purchased from an NH Dealer:
- Contactless: email a copy of the CTA and your driver's license we will give you a quote and have you mail in or put in the drop box the payment with the paperwork and we will mail out the registration and plates. You can request a call when the transaction has been completed if you need to pick up.
- In person: Please bring in a copy of the CTA from the dealership and your driver's license. For brand-new vehicles, please also bring the window sticker.
Transfer Vehicle Registration
Purchased from a NH Dealer:
- Contactless: email a copy of the CTA and the registration of the vehicle you are transferring from, we will give you a quote and have you mail in or put in the drop-box the payment with the paperwork then we will mail out the updated registration.
- In person: Please bring in the CTA from the dealer and the original registration of the vehicle you are transferring from and your driver's license.
New Vehicle or Transfer
Purchased Private Sale
- Contactless: email a copy of the front and back of the title, a copy of your driver's license and the registration if you are transferring plates and we will email or call with a quote and the information necessary to complete the process.
- In person: Please bring the title signed over to you and if you are transferring plates the original registration from the vehicle that you are transferring.
Duplicate registrations can be done by mail or drop-box please fill out the attached form sign and send $18 made out to the Town of Moultonborough. With a Self- Addressed Stamped Envelope for us to return to you. RDMV 111 (PDF)
Renewal Boat Registrations
- Contactless: if you are doing a renewal for a boat registration and have the renewal from the State of NH, we need the top two slips signed and you must add 5 for the agent fee to the total. You may do it by mailing it into the Town of Moultonborough, P.O. Box 15, Moultonborough, NH 03254 or there is a drop box out in front of Town Hall. Make checks payable to the Town of Moultonborough.
- In person: bring in the old registration or the boat renewal form from the State along with your driver's license.
- Or you can go to either of the marinas that process boat renewals which are DaSilva's or Trexler's Marina on either end of Moultonborough Neck Road.
New Boat Registrations
- Contactless: please email the bill of sale and the Boat registration application form and we will give you a quote to put in the drop box or mail in. We will process and return to you via mail.
- In person: we need the bill of sale for the boat along with your driver's license and the Boat registration application form. click here
- Contactless: Renewals- dog licenses can be renewed online or by sending a check in the amount of 7.50 for an altered dog or 10 for non-altered. If you are 65 or older 3 for the 1st dog. With a SASE Please call for any questions. Dog licenses were due by April 30th late fees are 1 beginning June 1st.
- New Dogs: You can send the proper fee as listed above along with a photocopy of the rabies certificate and a copy of the spayed/neutered certificate and a SASE to the office and we will mail you the license and tag.
- In person: Bring in the same information and fees.
Certified Copies of Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Certificates
- Contactless: Go to the Town of Moultonborough website and look for online payments, then the vital records icon or complete the form and mail it or put it in our drop box with payment. The 1st copy is $15 and $10 for any additional copies. Make checks payable to the Town of Moultonborough.
- In person: come in with your driver's license and the In-Person Vital Records Form (PDF) filled out.
If neither of you have been married before then we only need your photo IDs, the fee to apply is $50 and you will leave with the license. If you wish to apply for Certified copies after the marriage takes place you may order them at that time. The fee is $15 for the first copy and $10 for any additional copies. The certified copies must be paid by cash or check separately from the $50 marriage license fee. If either party has been married prior, we need a copy of the dissolution of the most recent marriage (Divorce decree or Death Certificate).
- Contactless: For absentee ballot applications for September Primary and November General, please click here. You may fill out the form and email it back, mail it through USPS or put it in an envelope addressed to Town Clerk and drop in our drop-box on the left of the Town Hall front door. We will mail out your ballot.
- In person: You can print off the form at home and fill out ahead of time and bring in. If we have the ballot we will give it to you then. If we do not have the ballot we can mail it to the address you provide.
Absentee ballot request forms:
- Town Election Absentee Ballot Request Form - May 9, 2023 (PDF)
- State Elections Absentee Ballot Request Form 2022 (PDF)
Duties & Responsibilities
The office of the Town Clerk is responsible for motor vehicle registrations including titles and license plates, marriage licenses, certified vital records, dog licenses, wetlands applications, aqua therm permits, and articles of agreements. The Office of the Town Clerk also administers and conducts elections in accordance with state and local laws. This includes town, state and federal elections.